Water Resources Department Recruitment 2021 | Assistant Engineer/ Junior Engineer | 100 Posts | July 2021 |
Organization Name :- Water Resources Department Assam
Flood control activities in Assam started after announcement of National Policy for Flood in 1954 by the Govt. of India. Though there was short term and long term measures in National Flood Policy of 1954, to get the immediate relief to the flood ravaged state, construction of embankments as short term measures had been widely adopted because this could be constructed quickly with local resources and abundant manpower to protect large area with comparatively smaller outlays. The Department performed works under the name Public Works Deptt. (PWD) till 1970 when the Deptt.
Organization Website :- www.waterresources.assam.gov.in
Positions :- Assistant Engineer/Junior Engineer
Job Location :- Assam
- Assistant Engineer – Rs. 30,000 – 1,10,000/- PM
- Junior Engineer – Rs. 14,000 – 60,500/-
Assistant Engineer :
- B.E or equivalent degree regular Full Time course in Civil Engineering obtained from any institute approved by the AICTE and recognized by the Government. Apart from English, the candidate should have adequate knowledge of at least 1(one) Official language of the State of Assam (i.e. Assamese/Bengali/Bodo) except candidates belonging to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
Junior Engineer :
- Candidate must pass 3 (three) years regular Full Time Diploma course in Civil Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE. Apart from English, the candidate should have adequate knowledge of at least 1(one) Official language of the State of Assam (i.e. Assamese/Bengali/Bodo) except candidates belonging to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
Age Limit :-
- Assistant Engineer – 21 to 38 years
- Junior Engineer – 18 to 38 years
Total Vacancies :-
- Assistant Engineer – 63 Posts
- Junior Engineer – 37 Posts
Selection Process :-
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit as per academic performance. Due to the current pandemic situation, a contact-less process of selection purely based on academic performance from HSLC to Degree for the post of Assistant Engineer (Civil) and HSLC to Diploma for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil) will be followed.
- Assistant Engineer: HSLC or equivalent: 10%, HSSLC or equivalent: 20%, Degree in Civil Engineering: 70% In case of the candidates who have completed the degree in Civil Engineering through lateral entry after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering their 20% weightage shall be calculated on the basis of marks/percentage obtained in Diploma and not on the basis of marks obtained in HSSLC or equivalent, irrespective of whether they have passed HSSLC or equivalent examination or not.
- Junior Engineer: HSLC or equivalent: 20%, Diploma in Civil Engineering: 80%
How to Apply :-
All interested and eligible candidates can apply through online by using official website on or before last date.
For More Details :- Click here
Whatsapp Group Link :- Click here
Facebook Group Link :- Click here
Telegram Group Link :- Click here